Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Busy Times....

Gracie modeling a dress from her Oma

My girl in her tutu

4 months!
I was really hoping to get this post out before Gracie turned 5 months-I'm cutting it pretty close! Four months is always such a fun age and Miss Grace has been a pretty busy girl lately.

She's been busy grasping her rattles and her feet (which are her new favorite toys-she's even gotten them in her mouth already!) Actually, before I could post the pictures of the toe-grabbing phase, she progressed quickly to the toe-eating phase, so I'll have to get those shots on here soon. Seems like she's a prodigy with this-I remember trying so hard to get Josh to get his toes to his mouth for just one picture, and it wasn't until about 6 months or so!





She's been busy rolling-from tummy to back and side to side. And still mostly by accident. I love the look on her face when she lands on her back...."Hmmm, what just happened?" Funny how I really rushed Ben through his motor milestones due to excitement on my part, while I am in NO hurry for Gracie to be mobile, both because she is our baby, and also because of the childproofing nightmare (legos, anyone?) that will ensue.....













She's been busy gobbling baby cereal....(actually we're going slowly with this-just a little bit with her lunch each day). She seems to love it and is quite unhappy when that spoon stops coming at her!




Busy giggling....(Yay, we FINALLY got it on camera!)




And busy growing! At her 4 month (and one week) check-up she weighed 15.6 lbs and was 24.5 inches long, and all her measurements including head circumference were in the 75%ile. I had suspected as much because she seemed to be getting quite long and losing a few of her rolls. (She was 95%ile for weight at her 2 month appt.) She got a shot in each leg and I asked that they hold off on the third, which we will return for in one month. Last time the leg that received 2 shots in it swelled up quite a bit, so it seemed like a good idea to spread them out. This time it was much better.

The boys are also busy as usual, and counting down the days 'til summer vacation. There was a little strife a couple of weeks ago when Josh went into school one day hoping and expecting to get an award for cooperation. ("I know I'm going to get it, Mom. I have been SO cooperative this month!") And I'm thinking, "Maybe at school you have....." At any rate, it turned out that Josh did not receive the award in his class, but Ben was the recipient of the coveted award in HIS class. Since Josh is so fiercely competitive (and emotional, for that matter), I was dreading their return home from school, as I knew Josh would be at the very least, quite upset. There were tears after he got home, but manageable, and instead of Ben gloating (not that he really would do that), these shots show what he did. And we all went out to Ponderosa to celebrate! (Can't wait til they find a new favorite restaurant!)





And I wanted to get this one in to remember, because it was just so sweet....Ben was tickling and playing with Gracie and just blurted out "Oh, Gracie, I wish we could trade hearts, then you could see how much I love you!"
It was just so spontaneous and genuine-OMG-I just love these guys...most of the time... :)

And Mom's been busy recovering from the double First Communion/Baptism celebration on Mother's Day (stay tuned for that post) and prepping for the big garage sale this weekend.........

Ahh, busy times, but good times........................

4 comments:

  1. Oh....Wendy! What a wonderful post. I bet you wished you could trade hearts with Ben so he would know how proud you are of him. What wonderful big brothers Gracie has been blessed with.

    Love,
    Oma

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so beautiful little souls, how blessed I am to get to watch them all grow.Thank god you put up with me..Gotta get that wiggle on video next it is the best!!!! Love you-Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute all of them but wow that giggle :0 We sent Debbie back home from Va with a bunch of cute things for you to go through :) It's fun to see some of Abby's things again. Thank you too so very much for the Chinese books. That was so very thoughtful of you to think of us and they are very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie that Josh is. Sounds like something his Pop Pop would have done. Amazing how fast they are all growing. It was so great to have Deb and Terry here. She really spoiled me.. Hoping to work on a date to come up there soon. Love, Aunt Sherry

    ReplyDelete