Monday, February 22, 2010

The Boy's Piano Recital-December 2009

I still have so much to post for December and January, that I need to keep the text to a minimum, but I just wanted to remember how VERY nervous poor Josh was for his performance (just look at his face!) :( And also wanted to add that he had practiced so much that he didn't even pretend that he needed to read the music for his first song, and for his second, the "Westminster Chime", he couldn't find the right keys, despite several attempts, poor thing!! In his defense, this grand piano was at the high school, so they had never practiced on it before (we are lucky that their teacher comes to the house), but also, it sounds VERY different from ours at home. I'm not sure if he realized that he never quite hit the right notes or not-but look at his face as he gets up from the piano...

Some shots before the show starts...






And for Ben's performance, he was so funny about pretending to read the notes in his first song, (when he really could have played it blindfolded at this point) and then for the second song (Pachelbel's Canon in D-probably my most favorite song ever) he was looking every which way but at the piano. :) Too funny! But it still managed to make me cry...


Oops-I forgot I didn't get the whole song before I ran out of memory, but you get the idea...

Ben taking a bow...



Christmas cookies for Keith!



Great job, guys! We are SO proud of you both!

2 comments:

  1. so good to see all these great pictures and hear the recital! How was the science olympiad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! Bravo!! Looks like they've got a great teacher. Great Aunt Sherry

    ReplyDelete