Saturday, February 14, 2009

First post and Behind On Life............



Ahh...Car full of Jello, and old cheezits and spilled milk and smushed gummi worms, etc, etc. This is the story of a busy mom with a filthy minivan (I'll spare you the picture), my wonderful husband and three amazing kids.
Carfullofjello is also the way that one of Patrick's young patients was able to say and remember our name, and it has stuck-Dr. Carfullofjello he is!
This blog will not be eloquent, profound, nor will it have professional looking pictures or backgrounds (until I figure that part out-PS I am really low-tech) but it will probably be entertaining at some point, and it's purpose is to chronicle the chaos that is our family.
And-fair warning-it may contain potty talk, as I am not well-versed in Blog-etiquette.
Also strange to write when I am unsure of who exactly my audience will be, other than myself....

I have been debating between scrapbooking, facebooking, blogging and sending those all too infrequent e-mails that are bogged down with my too-many megapixel pictures that don't make it to most people. So blogging it is, which will hopefully help me remember these crazy times, until I eventually get time to scrapbook them.
Oh and the address wcapt@blogspot.com came to me while nursing Gracie at 4 am-it stands for "whoopy cushions and pink tutus" which also really defines my life! It is also a spin-off from Oma's blog address and it also could stand for "Wendy Carguello, a physical therapist". How clever am I! Nope, just a convenient coincidence......

Our baby Grace is 7 weeks old already and as is so often the case, I am behind on life! Here is one of Gracie's first grins, her first time meeting her Great Bama at 6 weeks of age in her beautiful dress made by Great Aunt Laurie (Thank you so much!!) She looks adorable, but as evidenced by the next picture, doesn't enjoy getting dressed up just yet. And above are the boys (Ben 8, Josh 6) being their crazy selves at Pop-pop and Oma's house (in the chair that sent 2 Capri suns flying from Josh's stomach all over Oma's kitchen after too many spins on one fateful day last year).

My goal is to post weekly, as well as catch up on Gracie's first six weeks of life. For now, back to changing diapers and breaking up fights......Oh and ordering a new microwave, as we just paid the repairman $65 to tell us it is dead......

6 comments:

  1. I love your blog. Anxiously waiting for the next post.

    See you Saturday!

    Love,
    Oma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you sis! Great to see you going beyond basic e-mail! Next were getting you a facebook page! =) Your a very witty writer by the way! Sorry i cant make it for the theme dinner, hopefully i can catch the next one! Love you! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To one of my very favorite upstate NY families: I know I'm gonna love this spot - can't wait to see how fast the kids grow! They're all going to outgrow what I've gotten them before I ever get stuff into a box and into the mail, though... Since you threaten "potty talk," I'll share the interesting anatomy lesson one of my high schoolers just expostulated: (Girl) That kid said he was gonna diss me! (Boy, ever-the-defender) What? I'll kick his a** right in the nose! Ya gotta love teaching special ed!

    I've just transferred from 1BN to 4BN, still within the same brigade. I am still my battalion S-1 (personnel/paper-pusher), still a training officer, and oh, by the way - still Captain Kirk! Bud was not thinking when he named one of our sons James! James had the Star Trek communicator tattooed on his chest years ago.

    We're still waiting for Mt. Redoubt to erupt. I have not deployed since the Valdez flooding a couple of years ago, so I'd gotten sort of sloppy about keeping my 72-hour bag packed.

    Patrick, my gifted 143-year-old granddaughter wants to go to med school and work on cancer research. Kirsten (her mom) has been on radiation and chemo for a year and a half, and had a heart attack last week. She's home from the hospital and looks good. Brittany is thinking about Army, and letting them send her to med school. What do you think?

    It's warming up a lot here - has to be up in the teens or low 20s. (Too hot!) love to all, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray!!! welcome to the blogosphere!!!! and woohoo for little grace!!! her cousin (?) caroline grace can't WAIT to meet her! so glad you're blogging, dear cousin! and bring on the potty talk. don't let me be the only one obsessed with poop in the blogosphere! i'll be a regular! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Thanks for sending me your blog. Now I will be able to keep up with what's going on with the young ones. Grace looks so sweet in that beautiful dress. She is a princess. The boys are sure growing fast. Sure can tell that they love their little sister bunches.
    Will keep on checking in.
    Love Grammie Doris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog it sounds very familar!! It makes me feel like home :) Can't wait until the next post. You will have to show me how to set one up - I am even "lower tech" than you so don't feel bad. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful family and the best memories ever consist of "potty talk"!!!
    Take care!
    Love,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete